Union Minister for Information & Broadcasting and Youth Affairs & Sports, Govt. of India, graces the 9th Convocation Ceremony of GD Goenka University
GD Goenka University proudly marks a decade of transformative education, with a keen focus on enabling the youth with knowledge, skill and entrepreneurial spirit for nation-building, aligning seamlessly with the vision set forth by the National Education Policy (NEP), 2020. The 9th Convocation Ceremony, graced by the esteemed presence of Shri. Anurag Singh Thakur, Minister for Information & Broadcasting and Youth Affairs & Sports, Govt. of India, aptly signifies the institution’s commitment to nurturing a generation ready to shape the future of the nation and contribute to global progress.
Key Highlights of the Last Decade:
1. Empowering Youth for Nation Building: GD Goenka University has been a pioneer in delivering cutting-edge education, empowering the youth to become catalysts for positive change in the nation and the world.
2. Innovative Learning Environment: The university campus set in a serene environment in the backdrop of Aravalli Hills along with its world-class infrastructure in Gurugram, provides an inspiring environment for learning, equipped with state-of-the-art facilities, nurturing creativity and innovation among the youth.
3. Holistic Development Through Sports: Recognising the importance of holistic development, the university has successfully cultivated champions both on and off the field, contributing to the overall well-rounded growth of the youth.
4. Advancing Knowledge Through Research: Dedicated to nation-building through knowledge, the university’s faculty and students have made significant contributions through ground-breaking research, patents, and published works.
5. Global Collaborations for a Global Perspective: GD Goenka University has established a wide range of collaborations with leading global institutions, enabling the fostering of an international perspective among the youth for effective international expansion.
6. Fostering Diverse Education: With a vision to nurture diversity and a multidisciplinary learning environment, the university besides setting up a host of multidisciplinary centres also partners and hosts the prestigious Le Cordon Bleu and Unitedworld Institute of Design (UID), Delhi – NCR centres in the campus. Thus providing broader landscape of educational opportunities to students in domains including world-class culinary arts, hospitality education, and cutting-edge design programmes in India.
7. A Decade of Inspirational Events: The university provides a wide range of Curricular , Co-Curricular and Extra-Curricular opportunities in terms of national/international conferences, workshops, seminars, hackathons , sports events to diverse cultural festivals. Thus creating an enriching and wholesome academic experience and contributing to the holistic development of the students.
8. Entrepreneurial Spirit for Economic Growth: The university takes pride in nurturing the entrepreneurial spirit among the youth, contributing to economic growth and progress.
9. Merit-Based Scholarships for Excellence: Recognising and supporting academic brilliance, GD Goenka University awards a large number of merit and merit-cum means scholarships. Further recognising the need for supporting underprivileged students, the university equally provides scholarships for other deserving students including girls from foster homes and orphanages. Thus facilitating a culture of excellence and inclusivity for national development.
10. Skill Building for Career Success: The university in line with NEP-2020 has integrated skill-building as an integral part of the education pedagogy along with experiential learning to ensure that its graduates are not just educated, but well-prepared for successful careers in the ever-evolving global landscape.