Plus revamped ratings & reviews, and the new Listings tab featuring a set of tools to help Hosts better showcase their homes
Airbnb has more than 7 million homes all over the world. Each home is one-of-a-kind, and this uniqueness is what sets Airbnb apart. But guests have told us that with so much variety, it can be hard to know what they’re going to get. This is why many people prefer hotels, and it’s the #1 obstacle preventing them from booking on Airbnb.
Today, we’re introducing three major upgrades to help guests understand exactly what to expect before they book:
- Guest Favorites – A collection of the 2 million most-loved homes on Airbnb based on ratings, reviews, and reliability .
- Revamped ratings & reviews – A redesigned ratings page, with new features to help guests understand the quality of every home.
- Listings tab – A set of new tools for Hosts to manage their listing and showcase the details guests care about most, including an AI-powered photo tour.
“People often describe checking into an Airbnb as a ‘moment of truth’— when you find out if the home you booked meets your expectations,” said Brian Chesky, Airbnb co-founder and CEO. “Too often, it doesn’t. We’re changing that today. With Guest Favorites, revamped reviews, and the new Listings tab, you’ll now know exactly what to expect every time you book.”
Introducing Guest Favorites
The best way to find a great place to stay is by knowing which homes guests love the most. That’s why we created Guest Favorites—a collection of the 2 million most-loved homes on Airbnb based on ratings, reviews, and reliability data from over half a billion trips.
- Great ratings and reviews — Guest Favorites have excellent reviews and are rated above 4.9 stars on average. These homes also receive high marks for ease of check-in, cleanliness, listing accuracy, Host communication, location, and value.
- Outstanding reliability – Guest Favorites have a superb record of reliability, with Host cancellations and quality-related customer service issues of 1% on average.
- Easy to discover on Airbnb – Guest Favorites are available around the world, and they’re simple to find on Airbnb. Just look for the new badge in search results and on the listing page, or filter for Guest Favorites.
Nearly two-thirds of Guest Favorites come from Superhosts, who’ve been recognized for their track record of outstanding hospitality.